Planning Your Stay
There are many fun activities to do in Bemidji including sight seeing, movies, plays, science, animals, shopping, or just relax at comfortable lodging.
Where to stay
Bemidji Hotels, Resorts, Camping and Accommodations
Over 500 comfortable hotel and motel rooms ready to accommodate your visit to Bemidji.
Lodging & Hotels - Resorts & Campgrounds - Pet Accommodations at www.visitbemidji.com/lodging
Things to do
1. Take a Picture at the second most photographed icon in the nation: Paul and Babe!
Share it with us! We'd love to see your favorite bike picture with Paul and Babe posted to our Facebook page.
2. Northern Cycle: 218-751-BIKE (2453)
Explore Bemidji's downtown, parks and trails by bicycle.
3. Theater at Paul Bunyan Playhouse, Bemidji's professional live production theater located downtown Bemidji. Tickets: $22 adult, $12 Student
314 Beltrami Ave. 218-751-7270
4. Lake Bemidji State Park
Discover an enjoyable combination of Minnesota lake country recreation and the natural experiences of the northwoods forest. Take the short hike or bike to the bluff overlook at Rocky Point on paved bike trail. Don't miss Minnesota's State Flower, the Showy Ladyslipper surrounding the Bog boardwalk - they may be in bloom! The park has free GPS units and birding kits to check out. The fishing pier and canoe and kayak rental provide other opportunities to experience Lake Bemidji.
5. Headwaters Science Center: Create a monster bubble, view the human body--inside and out, hold a huge snake--if you dare - make a shadow that sticks to the wall, and so many other fun science activities await.
6. Paul Bunyan Animal Land: Lions, tigers, bears, camels, lemurs, kangaroos, monkeys, cougars...see them all at Paul Bunyan’s Animal Land, Minnesota’s largest wildlife park/petting zoo. Animal Land is home to nearly 100 animals representing every continent on earth.
Located 5 miles south of Bemidji on US Hwy 2 East.
7. Movie Night at the Waterfront: Bring the family and blankets and watch a family rated movie outdoors under the stars. Movie will begin at dusk. Free admission.
When: To be determined
Lake Bemidji Waterfront, 300 Bemidji Ave
8. Geocaching: Geocaching is a real-world, outdoor treasure hunting game using GPS-enabled devices. Participants navigate to a specific set of GPS coordinates and then attempt to find the geocache (container) hidden at that location. Sign up for free account at www.geocaching.com. and find treasures all around Bemidji and the world. Explore MN"s Paul Bunyan Trail GeoTour
View more information about Bemidji at these community sites:
Bemidji Area Chamber of Commerce
Bemidji Downtown Alliance
More Bemidji Links